duplicating ORACLE GL database for quick report...

From: <peewee_at_club-internet.fr>
Date: 1997/09/15

We're implementing Oracle GL v10.7 on an UNIX server / a 50 client forecast.

Many reports will be developped under FSG and we fear an overload of the main database.

Our consultant suggested us the possibility of duplicating easily the GL database and launch - in real time - FSG queries on the copy.

Is it a valuable method ? Is it a reliable choice ?