Re: How to Get a Dedicated Server When Running MTS

From: Phil Herring <revdoc_at_uow.edu.au>
Date: 1997/09/14

In article <3419bbd6.259397093_at_news.itd.umich.edu> Dave McLaughlin, davemc_at_umich.edu writes:
>So, is there anyway that I can do this without changing the SQLNET.ORA
>file or something else in the environment?

This is from a valid TNSNAMES.ORA file on one of our systems (names changed to protect the vulnerable):

sid_d.host.uow.edu.au =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS =
          (COMMUNITY = uow.edu.au)
          (PROTOCOL = TCP)
          (Host = host.uow.edu.au)
          (Port = 1521)
        )

    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
       (SID = sid)
       (SRVR = DEDICATED)
       (GLOBAL_NAME = sid_d.host.uow.edu.au)
    )
  )

Copyright 1997 Phil Herring. This article may not be reproduced for profit.