How to Get a Dedicated Server When Running MTS

From: Dave McLaughlin <davemc_at_umich.edu>
Date: 1997/09/12

I have a 7.1.4 server running MTS. There is a batch process running on another machine which makes a lot of calls to this server. I have heard that it is possible to specify something extra in the connect string to request a dedicated server process, but I can't find it now... I did find what looked like the answer in a paper presented at OOW/IOUW '96 by Donald K. Burleson, Designing Effective Distributed Systems Using SQL*Net. At the bottom of page 6, he seems to imply that prefixing the the SID in the connect string with "d_" will tell the listener to spawn a dedicated server process. I tried this, but it didn't work -- got a message indicating a failure in TNS name resolution.

So, is there anyway that I can do this without changing the SQLNET.ORA file or something else in the environment?

TIA for any ideas on this...