Re: Should I buy Oracle??

From: TurkBear <jvgreco_at_nospamprimenet.com>
Date: 1997/09/11

"Azhar Chowdhury" <azhar_at_mail.citechco.net> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I am dedicated developer of Informix's tools. Recently local
>Oracle Consultant asked me to use Oracle 8 and leave
>Informix.
>
>Do anyoney any comments..
>
>Regards,
>
>Azhar.
>
>PS. I don't know nothing about Oracle!!

For what its worth, my company conducted extensive research into large RDBMS products and Oracle ( 7 at that time ) outscored Informix in almost all categories ( Storage, access methodology, integrity protection, effeciency, etc ).

John Greco
Oracle DBA
MnDOT Received on Thu Sep 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT