Re: Should I buy Oracle??

From: Kevin Kelleher <kevink_at_NOSPAM.mit.edu>
Date: 1997/09/11

On 11 Sep 1997 06:20:01 GMT, "Azhar Chowdhury" <azhar_at_mail.citechco.net> wrote:

>I am dedicated developer of Informix's tools. Recently local
>Oracle Consultant asked me to use Oracle 8 and leave
>Informix.
>
>Do anyoney any comments..

A few things to keep in mind:

The most important thing to keep in mind is the first point: that Oracle is a way of life. You are not considering whether you want to buy a piece of software: you are really asking yourself whether you want to change the way you work. Changing to Oracle is more like re-engineering than anything else.

Kevin Kelleher Received on Thu Sep 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT