Super Newbie question part two

From: Len Wolfenstein <lawolfe_at_msg.pacbell.com>
Date: 1997/09/10

Hi. Thanks for all the responses to my first question :). If you have the time, here is another one:

  1. I have two tables that stand in a one to many relationship on field "id" (unique row tblA.id may have many corresponding rows on tblB.id)
  2. I would like to select all rows from tblA regardless of whether there is a matching row in tblB (c.f. my original outer join question) and for each matched row in tblA, the single row in tblB with the maximum value for tblB.date.

Is this a scenario where one would use nested SELECTS or could this be accomplished with GROUP BY?

Thanks in advance,
Len Received on Wed Sep 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT