Re: Change a Property of an Item

From: Slava Natapov <sntapov_at_JOHNBRYCE.CO.IL>
Date: 1997/09/10

Virginia K. Leung wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a hard time to change a property of an item programmatically,
> such as I want to change the Enabled property on an item on click of a
> push button.
>
> Assuming in the Visual Basic programming, we can do the following:
>
> txtExample.enabled = False
>
> But how do I do in ORACLE? Please help, comments are greatly
> appreciated!
>
> Virginia

In Forms it will look like this:

set_item_property('MY_ITEM',ENABLED,PROPERTY_FALSE);

It will automaticly set to 'FALSE' also next properties: NAVIGABLE,UPDATE_NULL,UPDATEBLE and REQUIRED.

So, when You'll set it again to 'TRUE' , don't forget set to 'TRUE' also those properties (if needed).
For example:

set_item_property('MY_ITEM',ENABLED,PROPERTY_TRUE); set_item_property('MY_ITEM',NAVIGABLE,PROPERTY_TRUE);

--
|      Slava Natapov.        |