Re: Solaris 2.5 and Oracle

From: <twod_at_not.valid>
Date: 1997/09/09

James Siker (jsiker_at_the-link.net) wrote:
: I have just loaded Oracle7 server software on a Sun Ultra Server, but I
: don't have any of the Sun specific documentation for installing
: Oracle7. What I need is a list of the parameters that I need to put
: into the /etc/system file in order to increase the default semaphores
: and other such things for the operating system.

They are in the installation guide that should have come with the RDBMS s/w. I would recommend that you get a copy of the entire guide and not just the required parameters. You should be able to get copies from Oracle quite quickly.

Otherwise, it may be worth looking at the trial software pages of www.oracle.com to see if the installation guides there help.

IAP

--
In an attempt to reduce junk email I use an invalid 'From' address.
My correct email address can be determined by replacing 'not.valid' with with