Re: Archive Log BACKUP Sqripts?

From: Paul MacPherson - System Consultant <paulmac_at_canada.sun.com>
Date: 1997/09/09

Satar Naghshineh wrote:

> Oracle 7.3.2.2.0 (by the time you read this)
> SunSPARQ20 SunOS 2.5.1
> UNIX 2.5
> Hi there,
> Anyone have a sqript that they can lend me that checks the Archive
> destination (disk) every hour and then copies any Archived Log files
> (*.ARC) to the tape device (dev/rmt/0)?
> Satar Naghshineh
> SatarNag_at_worldsite.com
>
> Thanks in advance!!!!

 here is a script...

#!/bin/ksh -vx

# Script to compress and archive log files to tape. # uses fuser to determine nothing is writting to file.

LOG_DIR=$HOME
SUFFIX=arch
SLEEP=2
TAPE=/dev/rmt/0n

if [ -r $LOG_DIR/.chaser.pid ]
then

        PID=$(cat $LOG_DIR/.chaser.pid)
        if [ $(ps -ef | grep $PID | grep -v grep  | wc -l) -gt 0 ]
        then
                exit 0 # I am already running
        fi

fi

echo $$ > $LOG_DIR/.chaser.pid

while true
do

        if [ -r $LOG_DIR/*.$SUFFIX ]
        then
                for i in $LOG_DIR/*.$SUFFIX
                do
                        if [ -z $(/usr/sbin/fuser $i 2> /dev/null) ]
                        then
                                date > $i.sum
                                ls -l $i >> $i.sum
                                sum $i >> $i.sum