Help: Linux client access to Sparc Oracle 7

From: Mark Buckaway <mark_at_datasoft.on.ca>
Date: 1997/09/08

Some must have tried this...although long time Oracle users may find this amusing.

I have a Linux web server with a database app. I've been running PostgreSQL for sometime, and well, it's too slow. I have acquired access to a Oracle 78 database running on an UltraSparc system.

The question is, has anyone ever tried to interface a Linux system, either via C or Perl, to a Sun machine running Oracle?

My other choices are to dumb Linux and use either Solaris/X86 or <shutter> Windows NT. Neither is preferred.

Thoughts?

Mark

Mark Buckaway   | mark_at_datasoft.on.ca   |
http://www.datasoft.on.ca/~mark

.Sig under construction. Look for silly saying here in the future.
Join a list! Send mail to majordomo_at_datasoft.on.ca for: jokes - the Jokes and Funny mailing list movies - the movie review and discussion list bitch - the Bitch and Complain movie list (vent frustrations here)
21000 recipes online! Check out http://www.recipepages.com -------------------------------------------------------------------------