Re: [Q] Server Logon Performance

From: Satar Naghshineh <satarnag_at_worldsite.com>
Date: 1997/09/08

first off, your posting is appropiate...Ok 2 reasons (that I know of for slow connection):
1) Most common is That when you log into Oracle, it creates a default trace dump, as these files grow larger, the longer you have to wait to connect.
2) One I have encountered, is in your SQL NET Configeration...(for me) I have found out if I list more than 2 or 3 IP addresses in my TNS.ora file, my connection to oracle is delayed.

The second option is from personal experience, I don't know if others have had the same problem as I, However the Trace dumps are commonly known to delay connection time.

Satar Naghshineh
SatarNag_at_worldsite.com