Re: PL/SQL: Reading/Writing to a file

From: Fenella Tan <fenella_at_voicenet.com>
Date: 1997/09/08

terryg8 wrote:

> It's simplest methinks to preprocess the file in
> your operating system environment. Sometimes that's
> the only way.
> What is your OS? Betcha someone in this group has
> what you need.
> TRG
  We're running Oracle in UNIX with Visual Basic as the front-end. The file will initially come in from the front-end. We tried saving it to a temporary table from the client, but we run into timing problems because we're using a WAN for this. We're currently using ftp to send the file over from the client to the server, and using cron to kick off the job on a regular basis.

Fenella Received on Mon Sep 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT