Client Server Development Success Story.

From: Cyndy Robert <cyndy33_at_geocities.com>
Date: 1997/09/07

Client Server Development Success Story.

I would like to hear some success story about starting a small scale company in developing applications in Client Server Development area. Mainly using PowerBuilder, Visual Basic and Oracle. Is it possible?

I have almost more than one year experience with above languages. I do have a full time job. It is not in programming environment. I do have a lot of free time. I can spend around 25 hours per week excluding weekends for Client Server Development.

I need some advice in the following:
1) Which is best software that can do the best for price I paid for? PowerBuilder 5.0 or Visual Basic 4.0 or 5.0. Most probably I should go for the Enterprise version. Which is royality free? I don't want to pay a % of my profit to PB or VB people. Are the any limit in using the softwares to develop applications?

2) Most probably the client has to have one database server. Like Oracle or Sybase. In case client does not have one, then are there any inexpensive other Database server?

3) How do you find clients? By advertising in the Internet or approaching the local business community.

4) How is Web Page designing business?
Do you think a combination of PowerBuilder or Visual Basic with Oracle's Web Server would be a great approach to start a business.

Please write to me.

Cyndy

email: cyndy33_at_geocities.com Received on Sun Sep 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT