Re: Intersolv ODBC Driver and Synonyms

From: Gary Johnson <BLACKHAWK_at_email.msn.com>
Date: 1997/09/05

I too have used Synonyms in VB4 with the Intersolve driver without any problems. Make sure that you have granted the user select privileges on the views that the synonyms are created on.

IE:
Grant Select on V_Customer to JohnDoe;

Create Synonym S_Customer for JohnDoe.V_Customer;

I Hope this helps!

Gary

--
Blackhawk_at_MSN.Com
GERJOH_at_HBSI.COM

Matthias Gresz <GreMa_at_t-online.de> wrote in article
<5t1nuc$oro$1_at_news00.btx.dtag.de>...

> Brad Murray wrote:
> >
> > We are developing a VB5 app using the Intersolv ODBC driver and Oracle
7.3.
> > We recently had to go to a new complex security system using a series
of
> > private synonyms to views for each user. Now that I have reworked all
of the
> > code to handle the new layout we are getting insufficient privilege
errors on
> > all accesses while there are no problems selecting from the synonyms in
SQL