compatibility of undocumented initialization parameter

From: Richard A Papaj <papaj_at_acsu.buffalo.edu>
Date: 1997/09/05

Hi All,
In order to improve query performance against very large tables, we're considering setting an undocumented initialization parameter (partition_view_enabled) on an Oracle 7.2.3 instance. It is our production instance, so I'd prefer not to try it without first inquiring into whether anyone has attempted this on 7.2.3. It may not recognize it on startup. It cannot be dynamically set with an ALTER SESSION on this release. Beyond that, I was wondering what effects might be expected from setting it to TRUE.

Thanks,
Rick Papaj Received on Fri Sep 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT