cron and scripts vs dbms_job, utl_file etc

From: terryg8 <trg_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/09/05

Any opinions out there on whether tis better to automate db reporting using cron and scripts or to use dbms_job and procedures like utl_file? I'll take a lack of response to mean it's not worth worrying about.

Regards,
Terry

(However, if anybody has strong feelings, back them up with the code - I don't need to reinvent the wheel right?! :) Received on Fri Sep 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT