Q:Duplicating rows with many colums

From: Hans Kandlbauer <kandlbau_at_sbox.tu-graz.ac.at>
Date: 1997/09/04

Hi !

I want to duplicate a row of a table. No problem so far. But the table has about 80 colums and a primary key.
Of course in the duplicated row I will use a differnet primary key. The only SQL statement I know for this purpose is an INSERT INTO .... SELECT FROM on.
How can I copy the row, without naming each column in the SQL statement?

I'm using Oracle Server 7.3 and want to put my statement in a stored PL/SQL procedure.

Any good ideas?

-hans- Received on Thu Sep 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT