Re: Help: Pers Oracle, ODBC, Win95

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/09/03

After talking w/Oracle support I can answer my own question. If you are running ODBC Driver Manager 3.x (this comes from Microsoft) you need to have the 2.X Oracle ODBC drivers installed. In my case I only had the 1.x drivers. This is because Driver Manager 3.x does not support Level 1 ODBC, only level 2 and above.

Jonathan

On Mon, 01 Sep 1997 03:02:27 GMT, gennick_at_worldnet.att.net (Jonathan Gennick) wrote:

>I am trying to open an ODBC connection to the Personal
>Oracle database on my Windows 95 machine, but can't. I have
>had Personal Oracle running for some time and can
>succussfully connect via SQL*Plus by using:
>
> user-id: SYSTEM
> password: MANAGER
> host string: <blank>
>
>I created an ODBC data source as follows:
>
> name: Personal
> SQL*Net
> Connect String: 2:
>
>When I run ODBC-Test and try to connect using the above data
>source, I get a dialoge box with the following error:
>
> SQLSTATE: 08003
> Native Error Code: 0
> Driver Message: [Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver]Connection
>not open.
>
>After dismissing that dialogue, I get another as follows:
>
> SQLSTATE: 01000
> Native Error Code: 0
> Driver Message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]The
>driver returned invalid (or failed to return)
>SQL_DRIVER_ODBC_VER: %s
>

>I'm really flummoxed here. Why can't I connect? I am using
>Personal Oracle 7.3.2.2. The ODBC driver came with it and is
>version 1.15.3.1.0A. I am using the 32-bit version.
>
>Help!
>
>Jonathan

>Jonathan Gennick
>gennick_at_worldnet.att.net
>"Brighten the Corner Where you Are"

Jonathan Gennick
gennick_at_worldnet.att.net
"Brighten the Corner Where you Are" Received on Wed Sep 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT