Re: Poor performance cross tablespaces

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_dvol.com>
Date: 1997/09/03

Brian Rasmusson <br_at_belle.dk> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a database with two tablespaces owned by two different users:
>
>User UA owns tablespace TA
>User UB owns tablespace TB
>
>When UA selects from tables in TA performance is good.
>When UA selects from tables in TB performance is bad.
>When UB selects from tables in TB performance is good.
>
>Is there any way i can improve this, or is it just "how it is" in
>Oracle"?
>
>regards,
>Brian

I'm not sure what would be causing this. Nobody really "owns" a tablespace. Performance should be the same for objects in TB regardless of who uses them.

There's probably some other factor involved here like someone else accessing the database at the same time. Or perhaps the first user appears to be slower than the second because the first user's SQL loaded all the data into the database buffer cache from disk, and the 2nd user got it all from memory.

--
Chuck Hamilton
Sr. DBA

"So teach us to number our days that we may present to thee a heart of wisdom"
(Psalm 90:12 NASB)