Changing 'Internal''s password

From: Kelly <kgrigg_at_acxiom.com>
Date: 1997/09/03

Hello all!
I have just installed Oracle 8, and considering I am a newbie, I'm happy I was able to get things up and running so quickly. However, I have run into a problem....I am going through and changing all of the important user/admin passwords (SYS, SYSTEM...etc.). However, when I tried to change the user INTERNAL which has the password set to ORACLE on install, I get an error message saying INTERNAL isn't a user.

Can someone tell me what I need to do here, the ALTER USER won't work with INTERNAL. TIA!! Kelly
kgrigg_at_acxiom.com

ps. please CC by mail too...our newsfeed is not reliable here....

"If you've had half as much fun as me...

    ....Then I've had twice as much fun as you!!"

kgrigg_at_acxiom.com
cayenne_at_cei.net

Visit my Website at: http://www.cei.net/~cayenne/index.html Received on Wed Sep 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT