Re: HELP! Low speed with ODBC

From: ECT Consultant <consult_at_anl.gov>
Date: 1997/09/02

We use MS Access 8.0 with Oracle ODBC version 2.0.0.3.1.1 but we have good response time. We have tables with many more rows than yours. Maybe you should take a look at your network by using traceroute or tracert at win95 to solve the bottleneck if any. Then check your database to see if you are using an index. If your table is not big (500 rows only), disable the index to reduce extra io will speed up your speed. On your client side, change your odbc setting with arraysize will also help.

Victor Tsien