Re: Import failure

From: Tim Witort <trwNOSPAM_at_NOSPAMmedicalert.org>
Date: 1997/09/02

Oscar Ssentoogo wrote:

> Hi
>
> When importing a large text data file using SqlLdr, after about 35000
> records (total 550000) there is a failure. Maximum Extents reached.
>
> How do I configure the database table to allow many more records to be
> imported at a go. The table size should be able to accommodate upto about
> 5 million records.
> What are the most efficient storage parameters for such a table,
> i.e. min / maxextents /next, tablespace size etc.

If the extent failure is on your rollbacks, there is an import option to do periodic commits. This will allow the largest imports to work even with normal sized rollbacks.

If the failure is on the table being imported, you need to size it correctly. There is a section in the Oracle Server Administrator's Guide on calculating table sizes. I also have a DOS program that will do it too if you're interested.