Re: Import failure

From: Martin Jesterhoudt <martinj_at_worldonline.nl>
Date: 1997/09/02

On Mon, 1 Sep 1997 10:48:58 +0100, "Oscar Ssentoogo" <impala_at_enterprise.net> wrote:

>When importing a large text data file using SqlLdr, after about 35000
>records (total 550000) there is a failure. Maximum Extents reached.
>
>How do I configure the database table to allow many more records to be
>imported at a go. The table size should be able to accommodate upto about
>5 million records.

Create the table with other storage parameters, ie:

create table
(<fields....>)
storage (initial 5M

               next       2M
               pctincrease 0)

>What are the most efficient storage parameters for such a table,
> i.e. min / maxextents /next, tablespace size etc.

That's quite a formula I don't know right now. It involves the page size, Oracle block size, record length, number of rows, number of tables, type of information, type of usage, etc, etc.