Re: Need help with DataPerfect !!

From: dmorgan <exe_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: 1997/09/01

> I have a client which has several licenses of DataPerfect for DOS that
> have been running on separate machines.

Sorry but you have hit a number of buttons with this posting. First and foremost you are completely off topic in comp.databases.paradox. Second I can see from your header that you cross-posted to every newsgroup you could spell . . . this to is not appreciated and I have intentionally deleted the other ng's from the header.

> Can anyone kindly enlighten me what I have to do to access the data files
> over the LAN ?

Not in the ng.

> Or maybe as an alternative point me to some sort of FAQ or a website
> dedicated to DataPerfect or a source one can buy a replacement manual ?

The product is no longer marketed and the company that made it no longer in business.

> Maybe even show me a way to migrate the data to Access 2.0

Oh this makes sense. Migrate to another product that is no longer sold. That has no migration path to the current version. That is a memory hog, slow, and brain-dead.

If you want to be on topic and responsible we will help you. If you want to just throw random thoughts over the cubicle wall please go elsewhere.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Mon Sep 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT