Re: URGENT NEED OF HELP ABOUT PL/SQL

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 1997/08/31

Give us the error and we might be able to help you.

Also, use

        select count (rowid)
it will run faster.

Roger Wernersson (roger.wernersson_at_adra.se) wrote:
: Well, what error did you get?

: Matteo Lonardi wrote:

: > I have the following code:
: >
: > SELECT COUNT(*) INTO counter FROM event WHERE event_code=cev;
: >
: > My problem is that an error occurs and I'm not able to understand why.
: > I've tried to change the row and write:
: >
: > SELECT TO_CHAR(COUNT(*),'9') INTO string_counter FROM event WHERE
: > event_code=cev;
: >
: > This one works BUT there is another problem: I have to know how many
: > rows exist in order to declare the right dimension of string_count but
: > if I knew this information I could avoid to do the SELECT.
: >
: > Well, does anybody know how can I solve it?
: > Thanks in advance.
: >
: > Lonardi Matteo
: > teo_at_romeo.sci.univr.it

--
This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you