Re: newbie - ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination

From: Kjell R. Christensen <krc_at_nera.no>
Date: 1997/08/30

Hi !

Have you configured a 'service name' also called 'DB alias' in Easy SQLNet Configuration, for access to your DB?

If yes, try sqlplus once again and supply the 'service name' into the 'Host String' field when you log onto your DB. This will force logon via SQLNet, which is the best way to check out that SQLNet is running. Skipping the 'Host String' field will log you into your local DB.

If not, configure SQLNet !

Regards,

Kjell R. Christensen