Re: ANNOUNCE: Microsoft Oracle ODBC Driver v2.0

From: Nigel Mansel <fiafan_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1997/08/30

I haven't heard that about the Oracle drivers. From what I have seen the Oracle 2.0 driver is pretty stable but slow. Intersolv has always been the standard for the ODBC industry but I have gotten mixed results with their drivers when using them with RDO and ADO. It will be interesting to see how Intersolv does in the OLE DB arena. I know they are working on their own query processor along with a slew of OLE DB providers. However it works out, the data access business is going to be very interesting over the next 6 to 8 months.

Jeff Ebert <jebert_at_wctc.net> wrote in article <3403994d.0_at_news2.kc.net>...