Informations about database systems and their web-interfaces

From: Oliver Mammitzsch <mammitzsch_at_intercessio.de>
Date: 1997/08/29

Hello,

as help to make a decision for the development of web-based database-applications I’m looking for informations about different database-systems and their suitability for this purpose. Possible systems are Oracle, Informix, Adabas, mSQL, Sybase, Postgres, Access and SQL-Server.
Maybe some of you are having experiences with one or more of these database-systems and are able to answer a few questions stated below. Thank you very much for every hint or tip you can give me.

ADMINISTRATION:
How complicated/extensive is the administration of this database-system?

PERFORMANCE:
How fast is the access to this database-system?

What is the response-time with complex queries and big datavolume?

DATAVOLUME:
For which datavolume the database-system is qualified?

· up to	__________________ records/tables or
· from	__________________ records/tables

COMMON:
How common is the database-system?
· as a „normal" system
· as a web-based database-system

COMMENTS ABOUT THE WEB-INTERFACE: OTHERS: Thank you very much for your efforts!

Germar Krueger
email: krg_at_cornelsen.de Received on Fri Aug 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT