Re: partial database encryption

From: Joseph Testa <jtesta_at_freenet.columbus.oh.us>
Date: 1997/08/29

Maurizio Santamicone (msantami_at_tim.it) wrote:
: Our organization is looking for a mechanism to encrypt certain sensitive
: data and only provide the ability to decrypt and read the data to select
: individuals who are not DBAs or System Administrators.
: We have Oracle 7.3.2 on Sun Solaris (Ultra Sparc).
: Trusted Oracle 7 does not currently support column level or row level
: encryption within the database.
: Does anyone has any suggest about:
: - how to find an encryption algorithm to entrypt/decript data in the
: tables.
: - how to ensure that neither DBA's or System Administrators could read
: the data.

I never quite get this kind of question, if you can't trust your systems people(SA/DBA) why do they work for your company?

joe

--
Joseph S. Testa, Database Administrator, Ohio EPA
  Founder of #oracle-dba on IRC, dal.net,  to find a server go to www.dal.net