DBMS_PIPES

From: Claude A. Charles <claude_charles_at_mail.amsinc.com>
Date: 1997/08/29

--------------29C2D713ED39496C05440939

Hi

I am working with DBMS_PIPES and I am running through a number of problems. If I try to call the procedures in the DBMS_PIPE package in my procedures I get this error message: PLS-00201: identifier SYS.DBMS_PIPE' must be declared. But if I run the SQL*Plus utility and I type the following code sample below on the command line the execution is successful.

BEGIN
            DBMS_PIPE.PACK_MESSAGE('X')
END;
/

This is an example of how I am calling the DBMS_PIPE procedures in my procedures:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE TEST_PRC
IS
BEGIN
        DBMS_PIPE.PACK_MESSAGE('X');
END TEST_PRC;
/

This gives me the error mentioned above. The system administration has look at my account to verify that I have permission to use the system resources. I also have EXECUTION privilege on the resources. The DBMSPIPE.SQL and PRVTPIPE.PLB scripts were also executed by the system administrator.

I am using Designer 2000 from Oracle 7. Any ideas what my problem(s) could be and I can I rectify them?

Thanks.

Claude Charles
claude_charles_at_mail.amsinc.com

--------------29C2D713ED39496C05440939

<HTML>

Hi

<P>I am working with DBMS_PIPES and I am running through a number of problems.
If I try to call the procedures in the DBMS_PIPE package in my procedures I get this error message:&nbsp; <U>PLS-00201: identifier SYS.DBMS_PIPE' must be declared</U>. But if I run the
<BR>SQL*Plus utility and I type the following code sample below on the
command line the execution is successful.

<P>BEGIN
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
DBMS_PIPE.PACK_MESSAGE('X')
<BR>END;
<BR>/

<P>This is an example of how I am calling the DBMS_PIPE procedures in my
procedures:

<P>CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE TEST_PRC
<BR>IS
<BR>BEGIN
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; DBMS_PIPE.PACK_MESSAGE('X');
<BR>END TEST_PRC;
<BR>/

<P>This gives me the error mentioned above. The system administration has
look at my account to verify that I have permission to use the system resources. I also have EXECUTION privilege on the resources. The DBMSPIPE.SQL and PRVTPIPE.PLB scripts were also executed by the system administrator.

<P>I am using Designer 2000 from Oracle 7. Any ideas what my problem(s)
could be and I can I rectify them?

<P>Thanks.

<P>Claude Charles
<BR>claude_charles_at_mail.amsinc.com</HTML>

--------------29C2D713ED39496C05440939-- Received on Fri Aug 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT