Re: ORACLE 8 and Ada

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/08/28

On 27 Aug 1997 20:21:29 GMT, wfrye_at_mnsinc.com (William Frye) wrote:

>Where can I find information on the support or lack thereof for Ada under ORACLE 8.

Ada is supported under Oracle8 directly only with SQL*Module for Ada. Pro*Ada and OCI-Ada have been obsoleted.

SQL*Module for Ada has been extended to include functionality that pro*ada had and sql*module didn't (eg: tasking support, multiple connections, dynamic sql, array fetching and so on).

You can still develop your own bindings to OCI if you like.

If you need more info, feel free to drop me a line.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Thu Aug 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT