Re: ORA-00406 Error

From: Satar Naghshineh <satarnag_at_worldsite.com>
Date: 1997/08/28

Easy Answer... You are createing a table with the "Auto Extend" option. This option allows the tablespace to grow if needed (as long as you have the disk space). However, this option is supported on ORacle 7.2 or higher. If you have Oracle 7.2 or Higher, then edit your Parameter/init<sid>.ora File for the COMPATIBLE setting, make sure it's set to 7.2 if the COMPATIBLE setting does not exists, create it. If you are useing Oracle version 7.1 or lower, you are unable to use the "AUTO EXTEND" option.
Our Parameter file is located In our UNIX system in /home/oracle/orahome/dbs/initora7.ora

If you require further assistance, E-mail me. Hope it helped. Satar Naghshineh
SatarNag_at_worldsite.com