Re: Paid research study for data query product users

From: Kasey Chang <Kaseyc_at_spamsucker.discopy.com>
Date: 1997/08/28

On Wed, 20 Aug 1997 16:44:08 +0000, Chris Thurrott <cthurrott_at_air-ne.org> wrote:

>We are looking for individuals who have at least 1 year of experience
>working with data query products, such as Microsoft Access, BrioQuery,
>Oracle Express, Essbase, Crystal Reports, etc., to share their opinions
>and feedback during a product evaluation session.
>Note: System administrators, database administrators, programmers, and
>other information systems professionals need not respond.

Interesting recruiting technique. This message was sent to the following newsgroups:

comp.databases,
comp.databases.oracle.marketplace,
comp.databases.oracle.misc,
comp.databases.oracle.tools,
comp.databases.paradox,
comp.databases.sybase,
comp.databases.informix,
comp.databases.ms-access,
comp.databases.ms-sqlserver,

ne.wanted

Yet there's at least a dozen other database related newsgroups that they did not include on the list, such as btrieve, gupta, db2, ingres, pick, progress, xbase...

Also, people with at least one year of query product experience with the prodcuts named, such as Crystal Reports, Access, etc. would surely be a "infosystem professional", wouldn't they? At the minimum they would be a "system analyst". These are hardly products designed for amateurs.

The demand is rather self-contradictory. Received on Thu Aug 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT