Re: VB-Oracle without ODBC??

From: Christian Kaas <c.kaas_at_odn.de>
Date: 1997/08/23

before you start up using other stuff with vb consider using a alternate front-end.
I switched to from vb to delphi about 1.5 yrs ago - excellent perfomance, native oracle access with sql-links drivers. borland and oracle do have a alliance on their tools/rdbms and it is a modern oop language with true 16 and 32 bit compiler- take a look.

yours
On Fri, 22 Aug 1997 20:13:23 +0900, "Robert Altena" <altena_at_gol.com> wrote:

>There are 3rd party controls
>. I remember one name: VB-Man (or something
>like that)
>In theory i think could be possible to call the OCI possibly from VB
>directly,
>but I'm willing to bet a lot of money that you do not even want to
>try.....
> Stan Newby wrote in article <33FCB5E1.BF4_at_nospam.eds.com>...
>>Hi:
>>
>>Is it possible to have a VB 4.0 app make direct calls
>>to Oracle's OCI? In other words, I would like to call
>>the Oracle OCI functions (to open cursors, fetch, insert,
>>delete etc) WITHOUT having to use ODBC , Oracle's Objects
>>for OLE or someother middle layer.
>>
>>The OCI guide mentions Cobol, C and Fortran but nothing
>>of other languages.
>>
>>Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>Stan Newby
>>EDS-Staffing
>>msmwhq09.snewby01_at_eds.com
>>
>>Please remove the 'nospam' in the return address.

Christian Kaas
Client/Server development and consulting Fax. 49-9129-5518
Phone 49-9129-5508 Received on Sat Aug 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT