Delphi 1 SQL*Net in Win95

From: Jim Darden <jimdarden_at_haytonsystems.com>
Date: 1997/08/22

Before I pursue this any farther. Does anyone know if it's possible to use Delphi 1 and 16 bit SQL*Net in Windows 95? I'm writing both 16 and 32 bit applications and I have both 16 and 32 bit versions of SQL*Net installed under Windows 95. Am I having a conflict between SQL*Net 16 and 32 bit? I can connect through the BDE using Delphi 3 but no-can-do using Delphi 1. I can connect using Delphi 1 under Windows 3.11 of course and I am aware if many of the common snafus such as BDE config issues, path names, TNSNAMES.ORA, SQLNET.ORA, etc. I'm using SQL*Net v2 and I have the most recent versions of Oracle SQL Links for the Borland Database Engine.

I'm asking this because I was told it is impossible to use Delphi 1 and SQL*Net (16 bit) under Windows 95.

Thanks in advance.

Jim Darden
Hayton Systems and Applications Received on Fri Aug 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT