Re: Where is CLASSPATH set?

From: Martin Smith <mfsmith_at_erols.com>
Date: 1997/08/22

--------------8F940C3349ECD18640E26EC6

I'm struggling with this, too, so don't bet the farm on this advice, but . . .

I think they're kidding. Well, actually, I think they are assuming you're just fooling around, and have the JDBC classes (in oracle's classes111.zip) on the CLIENT machine. Whereas the whole point is to have a ZERO-INSTALL scenario as far as the clients go. That can be achieved by putting the classes111.zip on the SERVER. Assuming you're running the server on NT, that measn putting the .zip file in the same directory as the applet class file, or pointing to it with the ARCHIVE parameter in the <Applet> statement. No classpath is required on the server, since it's just serving (.class, .zip and .htm) files as requested, not doing the processing.

Pls. let me know if you find out this is wrong . . .

Thanks.

mfs

SMPayeur wrote:

> I'm trying to get JDBC talking to Oracle using Oracle's level4 JDBC
> driver. The oracle docs say I need to add the proper path to
> CLASSPATH (an environmental variable, I think). Where do I set this?
>
> Please email to
>
> spayeur_at_compdata.com
> Steven M. Payeur

--------------8F940C3349ECD18640E26EC6

begin:          vcard
fn:             Martin Smith
n:              Smith;Martin
org:            US International Trade Commission
adr:            500 E Street SW;;;Washington;DC;20436;USA
email;internet: mfsmith_at_erols.com
title:          Director, Information Services
tel;work:       (202) 205-3258
tel;fax:        (202) 205-2024
tel;home:       (703) 734-1039

x-mozilla-cpt: ;0