DCPA, DCPA, DCPA anyone??

From: Ramon F Herrera <herrera_at_canaima.ME.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: 1997/08/21

Hello,

"DCPA" is a database system, produced by Siemens Nixdorf, that runs on SCO Unix. That's pretty much what I know about it, except that I have seen an operator using it, making querys, etc. It looked as if you can only use it interactively(?).

I would like to write a C program that will be run periodically from cron. This program will take a DCPA database as input, and will dump its contents to an ASCII file.

The problem is that I know next to nothing about this DCPA thing.

Is there anyone out there which is familiar with the details about this DCPA database?? Maybe there is already a program that does the ASCII dumping? (notice that I need _programmatic_ access, not interactive).

Any tips and pointers will be much appreciated.

Regards,

-Ramon F. Herrera Received on Thu Aug 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT