Re: Oracle7.3 & Forms30

From: Valeri Enioukov <enioukov_at_fors-co.msk.su>
Date: 1997/08/21

Amit Aggarwal wrote in article <33FB1B20.3FAD_at_kendle.com>...

>Hans wrote:
>>
>> I have heard that it is possible to run Forms30 against Oracle7.3. We
 have
>> Both Oracle7.2.3 and Oracle7.3 installed on a machine with HP-UX 10.
>>
>> Can anybody tell me what I have to do to run Forms30 against Oracle7.3?
 It
>> is obvious that when I do a ORAENV ORACLE_SID and the ORACLE_SID = 7.3 I
>> can't use runforms30..........
>>
>> Help would be appreciated!
>
>You need to install Forms30 in a separate ORACLE_HOME. Then for all the
>users the ORACLE_HOME would be this new one. I have done this before,
>but I don't remember all the steps. Oracle tech suppport would be of
>more help. But I am nore than 100% sure that it could be done.
>
>amit

Hi,

I'd like to add. You can set TWO_TASK variable pointed to 7.3 SID.Don't forget to start listener and configure sqlnet 2. Then you can create DB objects of Oracle*tools in oracle 73 using software 72 as a client. That;'s quite easy.
Please, drop me the if you have any questions.

I think, you could use Oracle Server 7.3.2.3 and Oracle Tools from 7.2.3.
I dont want to tell about the others versions and can say nothing about 7.3.3.3.0.
 We haven't tested one with our applications.

Good Luck.
Val Enioukov. Received on Thu Aug 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT