Changing NLS_DATE_FORMAT in glogin.sql

From: Erwan Layman <erwan_at_contact.com.sg>
Date: 1997/08/19

To change my Oracle session's default date format to DD-MON-YYYY, I added the following statement at the end of my glogin.sql file,

    alter session set nls_date_format='DD-MON-YYYY'

However, subsequent sessions of SQL*Plus will still show my date fields as DD-MON-YY. Have I missed any steps? The same statement entered in SQL*Plus' command line works fine, but of course the formatting is lost when I exit.

I am using Oracle 7.3.2 on Unix System V R4.

Thanks in advance,
Erwan Layman