Re: PL/SQL: Exiting to Operating System?

From: John A. Kroll <krollj_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1997/08/19

Michael A. Casillas wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> I'm kinda stumped with a question regarding PL/SQL scripts and how to
> exit to the OS when they are run using SQL*Plus. I'm writing some
> PL/SQL scripts that need to be run directly from the OS from a shell
> script and once they've run, control needs to return to the OS to
> continue processing the shell script. I am running the scripts using
> the
>
> following:
>
> sqlplus myname/mypswd_at_mydb @myscript.sql

You could also just use simple I/O redirection, sqlplus will end when it hits end of file. Using the above example:

sqlplus myname/mypswd_at_mydb < myscript.sql

or alternatively (assuming a Unix environment) -

sqlplus myname/mypswd_at_mydb <<END
/* insert several SQL commands here */ END John Kroll Received on Tue Aug 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT