SQL*NET protocol adapters

From: <damon.southworth_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: 1997/08/19

Has anybody ever written or does anybody know where to find any relevant information on writing Oracle Protocol Adapters for third party networks?

We are using SQL 7.3 and SQL Net 2.3.3 but are contrained to using a proprientary network transport protocol.

Does Oracle publish the relevant information and/or tools to allow developers to write their own Protocol Adapters?

If not is there any other way forward? i.e. using a Named Pipe Protocol Adapter into our own proxy process to stream the data across the proprietry network transport and performing the reverse at the remote site. I haven't tried this by the way.