Re: Cache Hit Ratio?

From: SatarNag <satarnag_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/08/19

>Hi Satar,
>Hit Ratio = 1 - ( physical reads / (db block gets + consistent gets) )
>
>Nevin Hahn
>DBA, CU Cancer Center

 I'm so sorry, I meant to put the (+)...but I guess I didn't hit the 'shift' key. So, the formula is right? I got this formula from the book, however..."Oracle Performance Manager" tells me that my hit ratio is 75% (which makes sense to me). If I go by the formula, I get a 25% cache hit ratio

Physical Reads = 335823
db block gets = 13542
consistent gets = 429632

Thank you,
Satar Naghshineh
SatarNag_at_aol.com Received on Tue Aug 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT