Index and functions

From: Roger Wernersson <roger.wernersson_at_adra.se>
Date: 1997/08/18

Hello people!

I seem have a problem. I have a table with one number per hour and I want to get the sum of these per day, month, quarter and year. I created a view using "TRUNC (my_date, my_mask)" using another table with rows for each valid mask.

The problem is that it is so slow. Is a selection based on this view using the index of the my_date-column even though I am using a function?

/Roger Received on Mon Aug 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT