Problem with Oracle database

From: Sandy Goertemiller <scgoertemiller_at_scripps.com>
Date: 1997/08/18

We have an Oracle 7.3.3.2 database. Every day we delete entries from the table and reload. After a few weeks the table gets corrupted and we start getting an Oracle 600 error when we try to do a select. If I drop the table and recreate then reload the data, the problem goes away.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should look at? Could there be something in my delete or insert that is a problem? The delete is basically "Delete where id = '1070'", where the value of id changes. Then new records for id 1070 are loaded.

I appreciate any ideas or suggestions as to what I could look at to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Sandy Goertemiller
scgoertemiller_at_scripps.com Received on Mon Aug 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT