Re: Substracting two timestamp values

From: Jesper Brynaa <jesper_at_cti.dtu.dk>
Date: 1997/08/18

Even more thanks- It was almost what i needed to!

But does anyone know how to extract Time intervals less than one second?

It is for use in comparing execution times of different implementations of a
specific search.

I use:
  htp.p(to_char( to_date( to_char( 86400 * ( time_stop - time_start ),'99999' ),
'SSSSS'), '"The operation took " SS " seconds"' )||htf.br);

My masters final includes a section about optimizing, and comparing search
strategies. Since I work on a very limited data volume, a more precise time
would be very useful.

Regards
Jesper Brynaa
Student at Technical University of Denmark