Re: UTL_FILE.FOPEN

From: <jkstill_at_teleport.com>
Date: 1997/08/16

On Fri, 15 Aug 1997 17:12:18 -0600,
koushi_merchant_at_non-HP-PaloAlto-om15.om.hp.com wrote:

>I have two questions :
>
>1. In my init.ora, I have set UTL_FILE_DIR correctly and I am able to
>read
>from a file in the specified directory. However, when I write to a
>file,
>the file's owner is Oracle, DBA. So, as user, I am not able to view
>or
>modify the file once I am done with UTL_FILE.put is done within my
>PLSQL.
Here is how we handled that problem

Make oracle the owner of the directory

Make the group of the directory one that those that need to read the files belong to.

Do a SGID on the directory.

For example:

Your output is going to /output, those needing to read files in this directory belong to the devgrp group.

These commands are executed by oracle user.

mkdir /output

chgrp devgrp /output
( you will have to do this as root if the oracle user is not in the devgrp group. )

chmod g+s /output

Now files created in the /output directory will be created with a grp of 'devgrp' rather than dba. Received on Sat Aug 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT