VAX to IBM File Transfer

From: Bubuni <bubuni_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/08/15

Hello Oracle Guru's

As part of our system requirements, we need to transfer flat ASCII files from VAX to the IBM Mainframe machines. We are facing a lot of problems when we have signed numeric fields (comp-3) as part of the data & which needs to be read by the legacy COBOL code. I would appreciate any input from all of you out there if you have solved this problem in any fashion. We are thinking of adding a column which will tell us if the number is a (-) or (+) (& have the number column unsigned) & then sending the file over. There would be bridge program which in turn would reading it & convert it to comp-3 EBCDIC. But this would be our last alternative. If there is a simpler way of doing this, it would be great.

Thanks in advance. Received on Fri Aug 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT