tnsnames redirection

From: Terry Banicki <Banicki_at_webmart.net>
Date: 1997/08/14

RDBMS Version (if applicable): 7.3.3.?.? Error Number (if applicable): N/A
Product and Version: SQL*Net V2
Operating System: Intel Windows NT

Configuring SQL*Net 2.3.3 client for WIN95 to be ran off the server. Just installed the first client and every thing works fine.

I saw in one of my oracle classes that the tnsname.ora file was actually pointing to another drive and path, but i don't remember the syntax. is it possible to enter a drive and path into your tnsnames file to redirect the client to a common tnsnames(i.e. the one generated by NET*Manager)? Believe it or not, I think this would simplfy the client install.

Terry Banicki, Illinois Power, Decatur, Il. Received on Thu Aug 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT