Re: Sql trace failure

From: Rona Crystal <r#as#crystal_at_d#as#ri.mc#as#graw-hill.com>
Date: 1997/08/14

In article <33F1E8BA.3164_at_rts.co.il>, yourname_at_rts.co.il says...

>Hello,
>
>I run a big program that runs several stored procedures, with alter
>session set sql_trace = true in Oracle 7.3.3 Solaris.
>After i do the tkprof and get the formated trace file, some stored
>procedures can't be found in the trace file.
>Our local Oracle support said that there is no such bug registered in
>the Oracle bug database.
>Have you got a similar problem?

There is a default limit on the size of the file where the trace information is stored. I believe it is 5M but I'm not sure. If your stored procedures are run one after the other and it is the later ones that are missing, that may be the problem. The parameter to change the default is something like max_dump_file_size or max_trace_file_size. Sorry I can't be more specific but the DBA is the one who is more familiar with the parameter names.

Hope this helps,
Rona Crystal

Note: My email address has been modified to discourage unsolicited
commercial and offensive email that is sent by bulk mailers.  To
respond personally to this post, remove all strings beginning and
ending with #.  i.e.  j#xx#doe_at_my#yy#comp.com becomes jdoe_at_mycomp.com
All opinions expressed here are mine alone and do not reflect
the opinion of any other individual or organization.