Re: Oracle Encryption.

From: Systems Administration <sysadm_at_doj.vic.gov.au>
Date: 1997/08/14

Joseph Caltagirone wrote:

> Does Oracle have built in encryption for its db columns/rows that can
> be
> turned on
> at the database level?

No. However, I think there is a 3rd Party which offers this, but I don't know who (not much help really). I think I saw their ad in the hard-copy of Oracle Magazine (http://www.oramag.com is the online version).

Oracle sell a product called Advanced Networking Option as an add-on to SQL*Net which does offer encryption of network traffic between database and client.

Regards,
Andy Horne
Contract Oracle DBA Received on Thu Aug 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CDT